CAPF Exam for AC
The opportunity of being an Officer with the Ministry of Home Affairs, under the Indian Police Services is enough for a young graduate to apply for CAPF (AC) Exam 2017. After a little bit of hard work for the Exam Preparation, if you clear the examination, Physical Test and Interview, you can be serving the country! Being an officer in the Armed Police Forces comes with many perks and privileges. Along with those privileges you are also given a decent salary.
Service Allocation after CAPF Exam for AC
- Service Allocation will be made on the basis of position in the Merit List and the Service Preferences, which will have to be indicated by the you at the time of filling up the Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- You will fill DAF after qualifying the Physical and Medical Standards Tests and the Physical Efficiency Tests.
CAPF AC Job Profile
Take a look at this following table to know about the various CAPF Ranks in relation with Army and Police Ranks. Read the table in the Ascending order of Promotion.
|Sr. No.||CAPF Ranks||Army Ranks||Police Ranks|
Commissioner of Police
|3.||2 I/C (i.e. 2nd in Command)||Lt. Colonel||SP/DCP|
|5.||Deputy Inspector General||Brigadier||Additional C.P,
|6.||Inspector General||Major General||Joint C.P, IG|
|7.||Additional Director General
(Higher Administrative Grade
of the IPS cadre,
also available to BSF cadre)
|8.||Special Director General
(HAG+ Scale of the IPS)
(Apex Scale of the IPS)
(State Police Force)
The CAPF has 5 branches:
- BSF (Border Security Force)
- CRPF (Central Reserved Police Force)
- CISF (Central Industrial Security Force)
- ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Security Force)
- SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal)
Central Armed Police Forces ( CAPF ) does everything under the sun required for national security. Besides being pressed into various security operations, they take on the Maoists in some of India’s toughest terrains. The CAPF forces battle terrorists, insurgents and naxalites and even play a role in the smooth conduct of elections.
After getting selected, you will be posted under any of the above branches of the CAPF. The Assistant Commandant has to perform the following functions:
- Planning and conduct of operations.
- Ensuring on the job training to keep the Company in constant state of operational preparedness for requirement in any situation.
- Organizing independent intelligence network for operational efficiency.
- Ensuring efficacy and serviceability of armaments in the Company.
- Administering office, personnel management and grievance redressal.
- Exercising of disciplinary powers.
Now that you know about the Salary Structure, Job Growth and Job Profile, you may be interested in knowing about the Exam Pattern and Syllabus to start your preparation for CAPF (AC) Exam 2017. Click on the links below foe Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Also Click on the CAPF (AC) Recruitment article to Directly Apply for the same.
CAPF Exam Pattern for AC
CAPF Recruitment for Assistant Commandant takes place after a Selection Procedure that includes:
- Written Test – Paper I & Paper II
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) / Medical Standards Test
- Personal Interview
CAPF Syllabus for Assistant Commandant Exam
The following is the detailed CAPF syllabus for the Written Test of the Exam of Assistant Commandant
|Paper I||General Ability
|General Mental Ability||Logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude,
numerical ability & data interpretation
|General Science||General awareness, scientific temper,
comprehension & appreciation of scientific
phenomena of everyday observation
like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science
|Current Events of National &
|Awareness of current events of national
& international importance in the broad
areas of culture, music, arts, literature,
sports, governance, societal & developmental
issues, industry, business, globalisation, &
interplay among nations
|Indian Polity & Economy||Knowledge of the Country’s political system
& the Constitution of India, social systems
& public administration, economic
development in India,Regional & International security issues
& human rights including its indicators.
|History of India||Social, economic & political aspects of
History, areas of growth of nationalism
& freedom movement
|Indian & World Geography||Physical, social & economic aspects of
geography pertaining to India & the World
General Studies, Essay & Comprehension
|Essay questions which are to be answered
in long narrative form either in Hindi
or English.The indicative topics are
modern Indian history especially of the
freedom struggle, geography, polity
& economy, knowledge of security &
human rights issues, & analytical ability.
|Comprehension, précis writing,
& other communications/language–The topics are Comprehension passages,
précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar & other aspects of language testing.